2015 OSO Archive Project
Hundreds of outstanding works of scholarship have been brought to Oxford Scholarship Online (OSO) as part of our 2015 Archive Project. Published in print in 2011 to 2014, these books are now available online for the first time. The project has added to 14 of OSO’s 20 subjects. Niko Pfund, President of OUP USA, says of the initiative:
“In May 2014 Oxford University Press initiated a special project to increase the online availability of our backlist scholarship. Publishing groups identified hundreds of OUP titles previously unavailable via our online platforms. As a result of these efforts, OUP will make hundreds of titles across the humanities and social sciences newly available via the Oxford Scholarship Online platform. This initiative is in keeping with our long-term goal to digitize and make broadly accessible as many past OUP publications as rights restrictions and logistical challenges permit.”
Published according to their subject, the books went up on Oxford Scholarship Online from January to May 2015.
- 19th January and 10th February – Political Science (53 titles)
- 3rd March – Literature (32 titles)
- 16th March – History (103 titles)
- 24th March – Social Work (3 titles), Psychology (34 titles), and Religion (26 titles)
- 20th April – Business and Management (19 titles) and Law (52 titles)
- 6th May – Classical Studies (15 titles) and Economics and Finance (21 titles)
- 13th May – Palliative Care (1), Biology (35)
- 27th May – Philosophy (38) and Music (22)
These hundreds of books are extra content which are apart from our usual frontlist annual collections, and so have therefore not been included in them - for more information on this, please visit our FAQs. You also can view a full list of the 400+ titles which were included in this project. Below are covers of the books which Oxford University Press subject editors have picked as their highlights.
Classical Studies – 6th May