- Title Pages
- 1 Introduction
- 2 The Churches and Their Ministries
- 3 Case Studies of Faith in Action
- 4 Perceptions of Spiritual Meaning in Faith-Based Social Action
- 5 Religious Elements of Faith-Based Social Programs
- 6 A Typology of Faith-Based Organizations and Programs
- 7 Defining Mission Orientations
- 8 Influences on Congregational Mission
- 9 Conversionist Churches and Social Action
- 10 Does Faith Work?
- 11 Social Capital and Spiritual Capital
- 12 Conclusion
- Appendix 1 Profiles of the Case-Study Churches
- Appendix 2 Pastoral Interview Guide (excerpt)
- Saving Souls, Serving Society
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.