- Title Pages
- Preface and Acknowledgements
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
- List of Contributors
- 1 Political Representation and Legitimacy in the European Union
- 2 A Political Community?
- 3 The Scope of EU Government
- 4 The Political Regime
- 5 Policy Performance
- 6 Distinctiveness and Cohesion of Parties
- 7 The Cognitive Basis of Voting
- 8 Policy Preferences and Party Choice
- 9 Issue Congruence
- 10 Whom to Represent? Role Orientations of Legislators in Europe
- 11 Wishful Thinking Among European Parliamentarians
- 12 In Conclusion: Political Representation and Legitimacy in the European Union
- Appendix The European Representation Study
- Political Representation and Legitimacy in the European Union
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.