- Title Pages
- The State of the European Union
- LIST OF FIGURES
- LIST OF TABLES
- LIST OF BOXES
- LIST OF CONTRIBUTORS
- 1 Why Another Book on Europe—And Why In Reference To the United States?
- 2 A European Union with Teeth?
- 3 Continental Divide? The Transience of Transatlantic Troubles
- 4 United Against the United States? The EU's Role in Global Trade and Finance<sup>*</sup>
- 5 ‘We the States’: Why the Anti‐Federalists Won
- 6 Parliamentary Government or Division of Powers: Is the Destination Still Unknown?
- 7 Is the Council Becoming an Upper House?
- 8 The Politics of Eurocracy: Building a New European State?
- 9 Stock Exchange Competition and the Nasdaq Bargain in Europe
- 10 Financial Restructuring in the Age of the Euro: Still a Battle of Systems?
- 11 Toward a European Social Policy—At Last?
- 12 EU Interest Representation or US‐Style Lobbying?
- 13 Transatlantic Risk Perceptions, Public Health, and Environmental Concerns: Coming Together or Drifting Apart?
- 14 Drawing the EU's Borders: Immigration Policy
- 15 The Dynamics of EU Enlargement in American Perspective
- 16 Rights in the European Union: Convergent with the USA?
- 17 What Lies Beyond a Confederal Europe?
- 18 The EU ‘Polity’ and the Europeanization of National Polities
- 19 The European Union through an American Prism
With US or Against US? European Trends in American Perspective
- The State of the European Union Vol. 7
- Nicolas Jabko, Craig Parsons
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.