- Title Pages
- 1 Companion and Assistance Animals
- 2 Friendship with Companion Animals
- 3 Building a Meaningful Social World between Human and Companion Animals through Empathy
- 4 Care, Moral Progress, and Companion Animals
- 5 A Two-Level Utilitarian Analysis of Relationships with Pets
- 6 “I Don’t Want the Responsibility”
- 7 Ethical Behavior in Animals
- 8 Our Whimsy, Their Welfare
- 9 Does Preventing Reproduction Make for Bad Care?
- 10 “Lassie, Come Home!”
- 11 Reproducing Companion Animals
- 12 For Dog’s Sake, Adopt!
- 13 The Animal Lovers’ Paradox?
- 14 The Ethics of Animal Training
- 15 Animal Assisted Intervention and Citizenship Theory
- 16 “Sex without All the Politics”?
- 17 Throw Out the Dog?
- 18 The Euthanasia of Companion Animals
- Pets and People
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.