- Title Pages
- 1 What Is a Legal System?
- 2 Law: Formal and Informal
- 3 The Background of American Law
- 4 The Structure of American Law: The Courts
- 5 The Structure of American Law: Statutes and Statute Makers
- 6 The Structure of American Law: Executing Policy
- 7 Federalism and American Legal Culture
- 8 Inside the Black Box: The Substance of Law
- 9 Crimes and Punishments
- 10 Constitutional Law and Civil Liberties
- 11 On Legal Behavior
- 12 Legal Culture: Legitimacy and Morality
- 13 The American Legal Profession
- 14 Law and Social Change
- 15 Epilogue
- American Law
Lawrence M. Friedman
Grant M. Hayden
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.