- Title Pages
- Chapter 1 Introduction
- Introduction to Part I: Notes on Research Methods
- Chapter 2 The Inductive Potential of Categories
- Chapter 3 Hidden, Nonobvious Properties
- Chapter 4 Children's Conceptions of Nature and Nurture
- Chapter 5 Causal Explanations, Causal Determinism
- Chapter 6 Conclusions to Part I
- Chapter 7 What Parents Say—and Do Not Say—about Essences
- Chapter 8 Essentialism in Language
- Chapter 9 Theory Theories and DAM Theories
- Chapter 10 Unfinished Business
- Chapter 11 Why Do We Essentialize?
- Author Index
- Subject Index
- The Essential Child
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.