- I see the av'rage business man a-work'mg hard all day,
- He does not need more dough, he likes to hustle though.
- He's got the habit, hates to see a nickel get away,
- He's trying now to snare, some other fellow's share.
- At fifty he's a wreck, dyspepsia, gout and heart disease.
- He can't have any fun, but, say, he has a son;
- And Willie gets his papa's cash and blows it in with ease,
- While daughter spends her share to buy a titled piece of cheese.
- They are a joke, ha, ha, ha, ha I a lovely joke, ha, ha, ha, ha!
- They are better than a pantomime to me.
- How I laugh in royal glee,
- Ha, ha, ha, he, he, he, he!
- Oh what fools, oh my what fools these mortals be.
- —“What Fools We Mortals Be”