- Title Pages
- 1 Introduction
- 2 The Self as a Problem in Philosophy and Neurobiology
- 3 The Cognitive Neuroscience of the Self: Insights from Functional Neuroimaging of the Normal Brain
- 4 Neural Hierarchies and the Self
- 5 The Frontal Lobes and Self-Awareness
- 6 Autobiographical Disorders
- 7 Body Image and the Self
- 8 Right-Hemisphere Pathology and the Self: Delusional Misidentification and Reduplication
- 9 The Mirror Sign Delusional Misidentification Symptom
- 10 Disorders of the Self in Dementia
- 11 Autism—“Autos”: Literally, a Total Focus on the Self?
- 12 Recognizing the Sensory Consequences of One’s Own Actions and Delusions of Control
- 13 The Neural Correlates of Depersonalization: A Disorder of Self-Awareness
- 14 The Self in Dreams
- 15 Psychoactive Agents and the Self
- 16 Meditation and the Self
- 17 The Enduring Self: A First-Person Account of Brain Insult Survival
- The Lost Self
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.