- Title Pages
- 1 The Griersons
- 2 “My negro Woman Judah”: William's Decision
- 3 Race and Removal: Katy's Compromise
- 4 Separate Paths: Katy and William in the Antebellum Creek Nation
- 5 “It is negroes that we are killing now”: The Graysons' Civil War
- 6 Northern Indians and Negro Slaves: Wash and the Politics of Reconstruction
- 7 Hardship and Opportunity: The Fortunes of Emma, Vicey, and Wash
- 8 Divided by Blood: The Graysons and the End of the Creek Nation
- 9 Wash in the Age of Progress
- 10 The Graysons in a Black and White World
- A Note on Sources and Historiography
- Black, White, and Indian
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.