- Title Pages
- 1 Of Masons and Moors
- 2 The Diplomacy of Missionaries and Sheiks
- 3 Be-bop to Brotherhood and Beyond
- 4 “From the Cotton Fields of the South to the Sands of Arabia”
- 5 West Valley
- 6 The Place That Didn’t Belong in Brownsville
- 7 “Island in a Sea of Ignorance” <i>“Islam allows you to look beyond the wall.”</i>—Umar Abdul Jalil
- 8 The Many Dimensions of a Muslim Woman <i>I came kicking and screaming into this religion</i>. —Naima Saif ‘ullah
- 9 Patriarchy Revisited
- 10 An Islamic Pedagogy of the Oppressed?
- Conclusion: African Diaspora and Muslim Umma
- Glossary of Arab-Islamic Terminology
- Black Pilgrimage to Islam
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.