- Title Pages
- 1 Why Play = Learning: A Challenge for Parents and Educators
- 2 The Cognitive Child Versus the Whole Child: Lessons From 40 Years of Head Start
- 3 The Role of Recess in Primary School
- 4 Standards, Science, and the Role of Play in Early Literacy Education
- 5 Make-Believe Play: Wellspring for Development of Self-Regulation
- 6 My Magic Story Car: Video-Based Play Intervention to Strengthen Emergent Literacy of At-Risk Preschoolers
- 7 Narrative Play and Emergent Literacy: Storytelling and Story-Acting Meet Journal Writing
- 8 Mathematical Play and Playful Mathematics: A Guide for Early Education
- 9 Media Use by Infants and Toddlers: A Potential for Play
- 10 Computer as Paintbrush: Technology, Play, and the Creative Society
- 11 Pretend Play and Emotion Learning in Traumatized Mothers and Children
- 12 Play and Autism: Facilitating Symbolic Understanding
- 13 Epilogue: Learning to Play and Learning Through Play
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.