- Title Pages
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Culture, Adaptation, and Innateness
- 3 About 17 (+/−2) Potential Principles about Links between the Innate Mind and Culture
- 4 Steps toward an Evolutionary Psychology of a Culture‐Dependent Species
- 5 Human Groups as Adaptive Units
- 6 The Baldwin Effect and Genetic Assimilation
- 7 The Baldwin Effect and Genetic Assimilation
- 8 Mental Number Lines
- 9 Modularity in Language and Theory of Mind
- 10 Culture and Modularity
- 11 Shaping Social Environments with Simple Recognition Heuristics
- 12 Simple Heuristics Meet Massive Modularity
- 13 Modularity and Design Reincarnation
- 14 Cognitive Load and Human Decision, or, Three Ways of Rolling the Rock Uphill
- 15 How Good Is the Linguistic Analogy?
- 16 Is Human Morality Innate?
- 17 A Framework for the Psychology of Norms
- 18 Religion's Innate Origins and Evolutionary Background
- The Innate Mind
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.