- Title Pages
- 1 Robert Schumann and the Culture of German Nationhood
- 2 Organizing German Musical Life at Midcentury
- 3 The Cry of the <i>Schuhu</i>
- 4 Segregating Sound
- 5 At the Interstice between “Popular” and “Classical”
- 6 Who Was Mignon? What Was She?
- 7 Entzückt
- 8 Schumann and Agencies of Improvisation
- 9 Schumann's Melodramatic Afterlife
- 10 Meter and Expression in Robert Schumann's Op. 90
- 11 Hypermetric Dissonance in the Later Works of Robert Schumann
- 12 Associative Harmony, Tonal Pairing, and Middleground Structure in Schumann's Sonata Expositions
- 13 Schumann and the <i>style hongrois</i>
- 14 Intermediate States of Key in Schumann
- 15 Choreographing Schumann
- 16 The Fictional Lives of the Schumanns
- 17 Deserted Chambers of the Mind (Schumann Memories)
- 18 Late Styles
- Works Cited
- Rethinking Schumann
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.