- Title Pages
- 1 Lord John Russell and the Irish Catholic Church: Problems and Plans
- 2 The Hecatomb and the Church’s Silence?
- 3 Recriminations: Viceroy’s Memorandum and Bishops’ Memorial
- 4 Irish Violence and Roman Intrigue, 1847–1848
- 5 The Church: Authority and Revolution
- 6 Endowment or Independence? Russell’s ‘Great Settlement’ Foiled, 1848–1849
- 7 Conflicts and Resolutions: Protestant Missioners, Archbishop Cullen, and the Synod of Thurles, 1849–1850
- 8 Cardinal’s Hat or Archbishop’s Gauntlet? The ‘Papal Aggression’: The Ecclesiastical Titles Act and Ireland
- 9 The Queen’s Colleges or the Catholic University?
- 10 Success and Failure? Whigs and Ultramontanes
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.