- Title Pages
- An introduction to signed languages
- Chapter 1 Neuropsychology of communicative movements
- Chapter 2 Neural disorders of language and movement: evidence from American Sign Language
- Chapter 3 Emotional and conversational nonverbal signals
- Chapter 4 Language from faces: uses of the face in speech and in sign
- Chapter 5 Triangulating the growth point—arriving at consciousness
- Chapter 6 The role of speech-related arm/hand gestures in word retrieval
- Chapter 7 The development of gesture with and without speech in hearing and deaf children
- Chapter 8 Do signers gesture?
- Chapter 9 Signs, gestures, and signs
- Chapter 10 Two modes—two languages?
- Chapter 11 Embodied conversational agents: a new paradigm for the study of gesture and for human—computer interface
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.