- Title Pages
- 1 Basic Definitions and Examples
- 2 Duality
- 3 Minors
- 4 Connectivity
- 5 Graphic Matroids
- 6 Representable Matroids
- 7 Constructions
- 8 Higher Connectivity
- 9 Binary Matroids
- 10 Excluded-Minor Theorems
- 11 Submodular Functions and Matroid Union
- 12 The Splitter Theorem
- 13 Seymour's Decomposition Theorem
- 14 Research in Representability and Structure
- 15 Unsolved Problems
- Appendix: Some Interesting Matroids
- (p.64) 2 Duality
- Matroid Theory
- Oxford University Press
This chapter first defines the dual of a matroid, proves that it is also a matroid, and establishes some fundamental links between matroids and their duals. It then discusses the duals of representable, graphic, and transversal matroids.
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.