- Title Pages
- List of Maps
- List of Tables
- List of Abbreviations
- Preliminary Notes
- 1 The Early Scottish State?
- 2 Common Burdens in the <i>Regnum Scottorum</i>
- 3 Written Law and the Maintenance of Order, 1124–1230
- 4 The Institutions of Royal Government, <i>c</i>.1170–1290
- 5 The Development of a Common Law, 1230–90
- 6 Accounting and Revenue, <i>c.</i>1180–1290
- 7 A Bureaucratic Government?
- Appendix A Note on the Legal Sources
- The Shape of the State in Medieval Scotland, 1124–1290
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.