- Title Pages
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
- List of Contributors
- 1 Common Property Resources: Economic Analytics
- 2 Some Places Again: A ‘Restricted’ Revisit to Dry Regions of India
- 3 Decentralization, Devolution, and Collective Action—A Review of International Experience<sup>1</sup>
- 4 Does Afforestation Ensure Sustainability? A Study of the <i>Haors</i> of Bangladesh<sup>1</sup>
- 5 A Tale of Three Villages: Practised Forestry in India
- 6 The Stake‐Net Fishery Association of Negombo Lagoon, Sri Lanka: Why Has It Survived over 250 Years and Will It Survive another 100 Years?
- 7 Transaction Costs and Institutional Innovation: Sustainability of Tank Aquaculture in Sri Lanka
- 8 Irrigation Management—Does Bottom Up Work Better than Top Down in Sri Lanka?
- 9 Heterogeneity, Commons, and Privatization: Agrarian Institutional Change in Goa
- 10 Is Cooperation Costly with Diverse Economic Agents?
- 11 Who Pays for Conservation: Evidence from Forestry in Nepal
- 12 Community Tanks vs Private Wells: Coping Strategies and Sustainability Issues in South India
- 13 Tradition and Sovereignty: Conflicts over the Forests of Dir‐Kohistan
- 14 Is the State Passé? Competing Domains in Forestry in Orissa
- 15 Efficiency and Low Costs Under Non‐Limiting Supply Conditions in Bhutan
- 16 So Far So Good: Next Steps in Community Forestry
- Promise, Trust and Evolution
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.