- Title Pages
- List of Contributors
- 1 Introduction: Why Gender and Empire?
- 2 Empire, Gender, and Modernity in the Eighteenth Century
- 3 Of Gender and Empire: Reflections on the Nineteenth Century
- 4 Gender and Empire: The Twentieth Century
- 5 Medicine, Gender, and Empire
- 6 Sexuality, Gender, and Empire
- 7 Gender and Migration
- 8 Nations in an Imperial Crucible
- 9 Legacies of Departure: Decolonization, Nation-making, and Gender
- 10 Empire and Violence, 1900–1939
- 11 Childhood and Race: Growing Up in the Empire
- 12 Faith, Missionary Life, and the Family
- 13 Archive Stories: Gender in the Making of Imperial and Colonial Histories
- Gender and Empire
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.