- Title Pages
- About this work
- Contents to Volume I
- A Note on Transcription
- 1 Exo-Skeletal Explanations—A Recap
- 2 Why Events?
- 3 Structuring Telicity
- 4 (A)structuring Atelicity
- 5 Interpreting Telicity
- 6 Direct Range Assignment: The Slavic Paradigm
- 7 Direct Range Assignment: Telicity without Verkuyl's Generalization
- 8 How Fine-Grained?
- 9 The Existential Road: Unergatives and Transitives
- 10 Slavification and Unaccusatives
- 11 Forward Oh!
- Index of languages
- Index of names
- Index of subjects
- (p.97) 4 (A)structuring Atelicity
- Structuring Sense Volume 2
Hagit Borer (Contributor Webpage)
- Oxford University Press
This chapter turns to the structure of atelic events, focusing especially on the structure of atelic transitives. Topics discussed include atelic transitives and partitive case, and the behaviour of impersonal constructions.
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.