- Title Pages
- <i>Note on Texts and Translations</i>
- Introduction: Setting the Scene
- 1 The Power of the Intellectual: Leading Thinkers, Thinking Leaders
- 2 Theory and Method
- 3 Constructing the Narrative: Authorial Objectives and the Use of Rome
- 4 From the Outside Looking in: Roman Culture and Domestic Politics
- 5 The Romans Abroad: Force, Diplomacy, and the Management of Empire
- 6 Enemies of Rome? The Symbolic Alternatives
- Appendix: Issues of Dating
- <i>Index Locorum</i>
- <i>General Index</i>
- Historiography at the End of the Republic
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.