- Title Pages
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
- List of Abbreviations
- 1 The Theory of Modern Bureaucracy and the Neglected Role of IT
- 2 Acquiring and Managing Government IT
- 3 The Comparative Performance of Government IT
- 4 Explaining Performance I: The Impact of Governance Institutions and Bureaucratic Cultures
- 5 Explaining Performance II: Competitive Tension and the Power of the IT Industry
- 6 Taxation: Re-Modernizing Legacy IT and Getting Taxpayers Online
- 7 Social Security: Managing Mass Payments and Responding to Welfare State change
- 8 Immigration: Technology Changes and Administrative Renewal
- 9 New Public Management Is Dead—Long Live Digital-Era Government
- Afterword: Looking Ahead on Technology Trends, Industry Organization, and Government IT
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.