- Title Pages
- 1 Introduction
- 2 The Language of Manhood I: Strength, Violence, and Honour
- 3 The Language of Manhood II: ‘<i>Humanitas</i>’, Decorum, and Largesse
- 4 Medico‐Moral Theories of Manhood: Strength, Constancy, and Reason
- 5 The Royal Authority and the King's Childhood, 1376–82
- 6 The Emergence of the King's Firm Purpose, 1382–84
- 7 The Pursuit of Manhood, 1384–86
- 8 The Return of the King's Youth, 1386–88
- 9 The Establishment of a Conciliar Regime, 1388–90
- 10 Majesty and Restriction, 1390–92
- 11 The Drift to Power, <i>c</i>.1390–97
- 12 A Boy not a Man? 1397–99
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.