- Title Pages
- 1 What is Candidate Selection and Why is it Important for Understanding Politics?
- Part I Candidate Selection Methods: A Framework for Analysis
- 2 Candidacy
- 3 The Selectorate
- 4 Decentralization
- 5 Appointment and Voting Systems
- Part II The Political Consequences of Candidate Selection Methods
- 6 Participation
- 7 Representation
- 8 Competition
- 9 Responsiveness
- 10 Candidate Selection, Political Parties, and Democracy
- Author Index
- Subject Index
- Democracy within Parties
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.