- Title Pages
- Abbreviations and Conventions
- Outline of Egyptian Chronology
- 1 Prelude to Osiris I: Conceptions of the Afterlife in Prehistoric and Predynastic Egypt
- 2 Prelude to Osiris II: Conceptions of the Afterlife in the Early Dynastic Period and the First Half of the Old Kingdom
- 3 Unreading the Pyramid Texts. So Who is Osiris?
- 4 Democratizing the Afterlife? Aspects of the Osirian Afterlife during the Transition from the Late Old Kingdom to the Middle Kingdom
- 5 Re Resting in Osiris, Osiris Resting in Re: Osiris, Sun God, and the Deceased in the New Kingdom
- 6 New Rulers, New Beliefs? Osiris and the Dead during the Transition from the Late Period to the Ptolemaic Period
- 7 Where is the King of the Two Lands? The End of Belief in the Osirian Afterlife
- 8 Summary of Results: Why Osiris?
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.