- Title Pages
- 1 The Visible and the Intelligible
- 2 Plato's Early and Late Methods
- 3 Matter and Division
- 4 Analysis and Clarity and Distinctness
- 5 A General Theory of Clarity and Distinctness
- 6 The General Theory Continued
- 7 Enumeration, Quantity, and Measurement
- 8 Synthesis and System Building
- 9 Synthesis and the Principle of Addition
- 10 Metaphysics, Mathematics, and Metaphor
- 11 Material Structure and Calculating Machines
- 12 How Analysis and Synthesis are Related
- 13 Is Matter Real?
- 14 Empirical Ideality, Reality, and Matter
- 15 Empirical Reality and Intelligible Matter
- 16 Transcendental Matter
- Tying up the Loose Ends—Closing Remarks
- Matter Matters
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.