- Title Pages
- List of Figures
- List of Contributors
- 1 Imperial Encounters
- 2 Imperial Ideology and the Uses of Rome in Discourses on Britain's Indian Empire
- 3 ‘The Mirror‐Shield of Knowledge’
- 4 ‘The Ablest Race’
- 5 Tacitus' <i>Agricola</i> and the Conquest of Britain
- 6 Imperialist Fragmentation and the Discovery of Bacchylides
- 7 Edward Gibbon and Francis Haverfield
- 8 Classics, Race, and Edwardian Anxieties about Empire
- 9 Visions of Modernity in Revisions of the Past
- 10 Translatio Imperii
Approaches to Classics and Imperialism
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.