- Title Pages
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
- Notes on the Contributors
- 1 The Challenge of Materiality: Origins, Scope, and Prospects
- 2 Materiality, Sociomateriality, and Socio-Technical Systems: What Do These Terms Mean? How Are They Different? Do We Need Them?
- 3 On Sociomateriality
- 4 Form, Function, and Matter: Crossing the Border of Materiality
- 5 Ranking Devices: The Socio-Materiality of Ratings
- 6 Great Expectations: The Materiality of Commensurability in Social Media
- 7 Digital Materiality and the Emergence of an Evolutionary Science of the Artificial
- 8 Inverse Instrumentality: How Technologies Objectify Patients and Players
- 9 Space Matters, But How?
- 10 Socio-material Practices of Design Coordination: Objects as Plastic and Partisan
- 11 Theorizing Information Technology as a Material Artifact in Information Systems Research
- 12 The Materiality of Technology: An Affordance Perspective
- 13 Pencils, Legos, and Guns: A Study of Artifacts Used in Architecture
- 14 Materiality: What are the Consequences?
- 15 Why Matter Always Matters in (Organizational) Communication
- 16 The Materiality of Rumor
- 17 Matter Matters: Materiality in Philosophy, Physics, and Technology
- Author Index
- Subject Index
- Materiality and Organizing
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.