- Title Pages
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
- Notes on Contributors
- Map of Africa
- 1 Introduction: Why Aid and Democracy? Why Africa?
- 2 Democratization in Africa: What Role for External Actors?
- 3 Foreign Aid and Democratic Development in Africa
- 4 Foreign Aid in Dangerous Places: The Donors and Mali’s Democracy
- 5 Two Steps Forward, One Step Back: The Limits of Foreign Aid on Malawi’s Democratic Consolidation
- 6 The Changing Dynamics of Foreign Aid and Democracy in Mozambique
- 7 Donor Assistance and Political Reform in Tanzania
- 8 Foreign Aid and Democratic Consolidation in Zambia*
- 9 Beyond Electoral Democracy: Foreign Aid and the Challenge of Deepening Democracy in Benin
- 10 Ghana: The Limits of External Democracy Assistance
- 11 Conclusions and Policy Recommendations
- Democratic Trajectories in Africa
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.