- Title Pages
- Preface and Acknowledgements
- List of Figures and Tables
- 1 Yesterday’s Tomorrows Revisited—the Route to Better and Cheaper Public Services
- 2 The General Background
- 3 Performance Data Breaks
- 4 Did Government Cost Less?
- 5 Collecting Taxes
- 6 Consistency and Fairness in Administration
- 7 Comparative Perspectives on Performance
- 8 Government Processes
- 9 Not What it Said on the Tin
- Appendix 1 Interviewees and Focus Group Members
- Appendix 2 Index of Volatility: Classification of Discontinuities for Chapter 3
- Appendix 3 Dealing with ‘Medium’ Levels of Data Volatility: The Example of Departmental Running Costs
- Appendix 4 Analysis of Legislative Amendments: Methodology for Chapter 8
- Selected Bibliography
- Official Sources Bibliography
- A Government that Worked Better and Cost Less?
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.