- Title Pages
- 1 The Puritans
- 2 Jonathan Edwards and the First Great Awakening
- 3 The Early National Era and the Second Great Awakening
- 4 Heaven as Home
- 5 Slavery, the Civil War, and Heaven
- 6 Heaven in the Gilded Age
- 7 Heaven in the Progressive Years
- 8 Shifting Conceptions of Heaven from the Roaring Twenties to the Fabulous Fifties
- 9 New Currents and Old Streams, 1960–2000
- 10 Heaven in a Postmodern, Anxiety-Ridden, Entertainment-Oriented, Therapeutic, Happiness-Based Culture
- Heaven in the American Imagination
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.