- Title Pages
- List of Figures
- Mr. Vaughn’s Dancing Class, the Tenderloin: Midnight, Thursday, September 1908
Chapter 1“Let’s Go Back Home”
- Jim’s Place, the Tenderloin: Two a.m., Friday night/Saturday morning, October 1910
Chapter 2“A Colorful Nightmare”
- Danse Chateau, Times Square: Four p.m., Saturday, March 1914
Chapter 3“The Ugly Duckling”
- Grand Lodge of the Fraternal Brotherhood, Harlem: Eight p.m., Saturday, February 1920
Chapter 4“The Eclipse”
- Fourth Floor of the Dobson Building, Theatre District: Ten p.m., Monday, September 1922
Chapter 5“Marvelous, New, Dirty Steps”
- Works Cited
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.