- Title Pages
- Chapter 1 What is this thing called beauty?
- Chapter 2 Captivating faces
- Chapter 3 The measure of facial beauty
- Chapter 4 The body beautiful
- Chapter 5 How the brain works
- Chapter 6 Brains behind beauty
- Chapter 7 Evolving beauty
- Chapter 8 Beautiful landscapes
- Chapter 9 Numbering beauty
- Chapter 10 The illogic of beauty
- Chapter 1 What is this thing called pleasure?
- Chapter 2 Food
- Chapter 3 Sex
- Chapter 4 Money
- Chapter 5 Liking, wanting, learning
- Chapter 6 The logic of pleasure
- Chapter 1 What is this thing called art?
- Chapter 2 Art
- Chapter 3 Descriptive science of the arts
- Chapter 4 Experimental science of the arts
- Chapter 5 Conceptual art
- Chapter 6 The roots of art
- Chapter 7 Evolving minds
- Chapter 8 Evolving art
- Chapter 9 Art
- Chapter 10 The serendipity of art
- Books (that I found useful)
- (p.159) Chapter 7 Evolving minds
- The Aesthetic Brain
- Oxford University Press
How did our minds end up producing these curious objects that we call art? Will evolutionary psychology answer the question about whether or not we have an art instinct?
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.