- Title Pages
- Part One Anatomy of a Crime Decline
- Chapter 1 The Crime Decline: Some Vital Statistics
- Chapter 2 A Safe City Now?
- Part Two In Search of the New York Difference
- Chapter 3 Continuity and Change in New York City
- Chapter 4 Of Demography and Drugs:
- Chapter 5 Policing in New York City
- Part Three Lessons and Questions
- Chapter 6 Open Questions
- Chapter 7 Lessons for American Crime Control
- Chapter 8 Crime and the City
- Appendix A Staten Island: Crime, Policing, and Population in New York’s Fifth Borough
- Appendix B The Invisible Economics of New York City Incarceration
- Appendix C Studies of New York Police Factors
- Appendix D Sources for Data on New York City Crime, Arrests and Police Staffing
- The City that Became Safe
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.