- Title Pages
- 1 What Is Adaptive Memory?
- 2 Evolution, Memory, and the Role of Self-Referent Recall in Planning for the Future
- 3 Remembering Cheaters
- 4 Living, Dying, and Remembering
- 5 Adaptive Memory
- 6 On the Domain-Specificity of Survival Processing Advantages in Memory
- 7 Survival Processing, Attention, and Interference
- 8 Cognitive and Social Factors in the Study of Survival Memory
- 9 Survival Processing Does Not Improve Paired-Associate Learning
- 10 Proximate Cognitive Mechanisms Underlying the Survival Processing Effect
- 11 Memory Errors in Adaptive Recollections
- 12 The Adaptive Value of Survival Processing in Childhood Trauma Victims
- 13 Recognizing Others
- 14 Perceptual Versus Conceptual Memory Processes in a Chimpanzee (<i>Pan troglodytes</i>)
- 15 The Development of Adaptive Memory
- 16 Adaptive Memory
- What Is Adaptive about Adaptive Memory?
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.