- Title Pages
- Chapter 1 The Goals of Medicine
- Chapter 2 A Story about a Patient with Aortic Stenosis, and a Commentary
- Chapter 3 What are Facts in Medicine?
- Chapter 4 Clarify the Chain of Events that Led to the Present State:
- Chapter 5 The Case of Myra Manner
- Chapter 6 Examine Your Presuppositions and Preconceptions
- Chapter 7 Separate and Examine the Values at Issue
- Chapter 8 A Question of Judgment
- Chapter 9 The Patient, the Doctor, and the Relationship
- Chapter 10 Observation, Prognosis, and Prognosticating
- Chapter 11 Thinking in Medicine
- Chapter 12 Accepting the Challenge
- The Nature of Clinical Medicine
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.