- Title Pages
- List of Illustrations
- Notes on Contributors
- 1 Fuzzy Connections
- 2 Pope’s Trojan Geography
- 3 Sophoclean Journeys
- 4 Cicero: Gentleman and Orator
- 5 Eating Eumolpus
- 6 After Freud
- 7 The Price of the Modern
- 8 Composite Cultures, Chaos Wor(l)ds
- 9 Time, Free Verse, and the Gods of Modernism
- 10 Lost in Nostalgia
- 11 No Consolation
- 12 The Abject Eidos
- 13 What’s Hecuba to him…that he should weep for her?
- 14 Modernism’s Nostalgics, Nostalgia’s Modernity
- 15 Mediating Trauma
- 16 History as Traumatic Memory
- 17 Reading the Invisible with Cees Nooteboom, Walter Benjamin, and Alberto Giacometti
- Tradition, Translation, Trauma
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.