- Title Pages
- A Note on Usage and Dates
- I The Académie Française and Its Dictionary under the Old Regime
- 1 The Founding of the Académie Française and Its Development through the Late Seventeenth Century
- 2 The Académie and Its Dictionaries under the Old Regime
- II The Académie Française during the French Revolution
- 3 The Académie and Its Dictionary from the Beginning of the Revolution until the End of the Monarchy
- 4 An Orphaned Dictionary in Republican France
- 5 The Appearance of the Fifth Edition
- III Who Controls Language?
- 6 The Unexpected Appearance of a New Dictionary
- 7 The Fifth Edition Superseded
- The Place of Words
Michael P. Fitzsimmons
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.