- Title Pages
- Chapter One Academic Development and Social Change: Higher Education in Massachusetts before 1945
- Chapter Two The World Transformed: A Golden Age for American Universities, 1945-1970
- Chapter Three Emergence of the Modern Research University: Harvard and M.I.T., 1945-1970
- Chapter Four Evolution of the College-centered University: Tufts and Brandeis, 1945-1970
- Chapter Five Transformation of the Urban University: Boston University, Boston College, and Northeastern, 1945-1972
- Chapter Six From State College to University System: The University of Massachusetts,1943-1973
- Chapter Seven The Institutional Complex and Academic Adaptation, 1945-1980
- Academia's Golden Age
Richard M. Freeland
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.