- Title Pages
- 1 Impacts and Reverberations
- 2 Earthquakes and Ancient Cities: Armageddon—Not the End of the World
- 3 The Lisbon Earthquake and the Age of Reason
- 4 Tecumseh’s Legacy: The Enduring Enigma of the New Madrid Earthquakes
- 5 19th-Century Temblors: A Science Is Born
- 6 The 1886 Charleston, South Carolina, Earthquake
- 7 Finding Faults in California
- 8 The 1923 Kanto Earthquake: Surviving Doomsday
- 9 Hazards of the Caribbean
- 10 Tsunami!
- 11 City of Angels or Edge City?
- 12 Earthquakes as Urban Renewal?
- 13 Demonic Demographics
- 14 The Age of Construction
- Notes and Suggested Readings
- After the Earth Quakes
Susan Elizabeth Hough
Roger G. Bilham
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.