- Title Pages
- Part I Fundamental Concepts
- 0 Introduction
- 1 Parallelizable Manifolds
- 2 The Nonlinear Curvature
- 3 Local Lie Groups
- 4 The Centralizer
- 5 <i><span xml:lang="ell">ε</span></i>-Invariance
- 6 The Linear Curvature
- 7 The Structure Object
- Part II Some Consequences
- 8 The Nonlinear Spencer Sequence
- 9 Deformations
- 10 The de Rham Cohomology of an LLG
- 11 The Linear Spencer Sequence
- 12 The Secondary Characteristic Classes
- 13 The Homogeneous Flow
- 14 The Van Est Theorem
- 15 The Symmetry Group
- Part III How to Generalize?
- 16 Klein Geometries
- 17 The Universal Jet Groupoids
- 18 Embeddings of Klein Geometries into Universal Jet Groupoids
- 19 The Definition of a Prehomogeneous Geometry (PHG)
- 20 Curvature and Generalized PHGs
- Appendix Torsion-Free Connections
- (p.7) 1 Parallelizable Manifolds
- An Alternative Approach to Lie Groups and Geometric Structures
Ercüment H. Ortaçgil
- Oxford University Press
In this chapter, absolute parallelism is formulated in an equivalent form in terms of a splitting, and the language necessary for this formulation is developed.
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.