- Title Pages
- About the Companion Website
- Note on Currency Conversions
- 1 English-Language Opera in Postwar America
- 2 The Renaissance of English-Language Opera in America
- 3 Foreign-Language Opera Is Exclusive; Vernacular Is “For the People”
- 4 Effie Ober and the Boston Ideal Opera Company, 1879–1885
- 5 Emma Abbott, the “People’s Prima Donna”
- 6 The American Opera Company
- 7 English-Language Opera at the End of the Century
- Opera for the People
Katherine K. Preston
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.