- Title Pages
- Figures and Tables
- chapter 1 When Unit-Based Measurement Ruled the World
- chapter 2 Is There a Unit of Utility?
- chapter 3 Still on the Quest for a Unit
- chapter 4 Fundamental Measurement, Sensation Differences, and the British Controversy on Psychological Measurement, 1910–1940
- chapter 5 Ordinal Utility
- chapter 6 Cardinal Utility
- chapter 7 Going Empirical
- chapter 8 Stevens and the Operational Definition of Measurement in Psychology, 1935–1950
- chapter 9 The Expected Utility Theory and Measurement Theory of von Neumann and Morgenstern, 1944–1947
- chapter 10 What Is That Function?
- chapter 11 From Chicago to Paris
- chapter 12 Conventions, Operations, Predictions
- chapter 13 Experimental Utility Measurement
- chapter 14 Marschak and Utility Measurement at Yale
- chapter 15 From Utility Measurement to the Representational Theory of Measurement
- chapter 16 Measuring Utility, Destabilizing EUT
- Name Index
- Subject Index
- Measuring Utility
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.