- Title Pages
- Chapter One What Is Narrative Psychiatry?
- Chapter Two Connecting with Compassion: The Therapeutic Relationship
- Chapter Three Starting with Stories of Success: The Initial Psychiatric Consultation
- Chapter Four Externalizing and Unpacking the Problem:Understanding Symptoms and Suffering
- Chapter Five Cultivating Stories of Strength and Meaning and Deconstructing Damaging Discourses: The Course of Treatment
- Chapter Six Collaborating in Choosing Treatment Options: Medicine and Other Psychiatric Resources
- Chapter Seven Finding Lost Stories of Love: Remembering Love and Legacy amid Loss
- Chapter Eight Finding One’s Voice: Recovering from Trauma
- Chapter Nine Finding Happiness: Rising from Despair and Turning Away from Anxiety
- The Art of Narrative Psychiatry
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.